You could be a suitable candidate for weight loss surgery if:
- you have a BMI over 40 or greater than 35 with a obesity related disease such as Diabetes, osteo arthritis (joint pain), sleep apnea or cardiovascular disease (to name a few of the standout secondary complications).
- you have tried many other weight loss techniques which have ultimately been unsuccessful despite your commitment.
- you are at least 18, although we prefer not to treat elderly patients due to health risk factors,
- you understand the risks involved particularly if you fail to follow with post surgical lifestyle changes
- you understand the commitment required to adjust your lifestyle prior to and after your surgery
- you preferably are not anticipating pregnancy in the 24 months following surgery
Your suitability as a candidate will of course be discussed in your first personal consultation with Dr Petrou.